Did you think promoting a book you wrote is the toughest job? Think again. Writing a book is easy, but writing a good book is little tricky and tough. And in order to gain maximum success of your book, there are a number of ways to reach the audience. The simplest one being………..you ready?
Word of Mouth Recommendation!
Sometimes, it is advisable to start promotion of the book before the release. Why so? Because that way you build the required hype in the audience about the book. Reaching a limited few number of loyal buyers is better than thousands of faceless buyers for your book. I believe in doing things the right way, no matter how slow. Because the end result would definitely be a blast!
Therefore, here are my some simple and tricky marketing hacks for marketing a book that usually people take lightly, but bring in good numbers :
- Figure out Audience & Budget: This first step is the crucial one which makes the whole book promotion process a lot easier. Figure out who would like your book and try to know everything about these people well. Once you figure out your audience who will actually your buyers, you can figure out the budget too. When it comes to marketing your book, start with planning the budget. How much will you spend on promoting your book, both paid marketing campaigns and traditional? Figuring out the budget will help you know the exact expenditure of the entire marketing of the book.
- Shoot a Campaign: Once the budget is finalized, it’s time to shoot a marketing campaign. Select the duration for the campaign in such a way that the campaign continues to promote your book even after it is released or launched. We won’t get into the ways in which you can build your marketing campaigns. But make sure you devote enough time for marketing to reach your audience.
- Create Your Author Page: If its your first book, try to write about yourself (biography) in about 1000-2000 words and briefly describe your personality, who you are as a person and about the idea of writing this book. If you’re self-publishing your book, then Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP), allows you to create your own Author Page to connect with readers and audience. Plus, with the KDP Select Program, you can make more money through Kindle Unlimited and Kindle Owner’s Lending Library.
- Grow Email List: Start building your network by growing inviting visitors to subscribe to your blog or channel. Visitors or viewers only subscribe to the email list when they’re convinced that unique value-rich content is provided. This way grow your email list and make a buzz about your book launch. This usually work wonders for the people who don’t know you personally, but would be interested in your book. I’d advise you to keep in touch with your subscribers or followers and keep them updated about your book release, while giving them enough quality content.
- What time is it? It’s Giveaway Time: Boost your customer engagement and product discovery with the help of giveaways. You can introduce your book to new customers via various marketing channels and offer exclusive discounts to all the participants of the giveaway, thereby driving more and more sales. You can even reward the loyal buyers or customers for watching a promo video or a book trailer video or simply by following the author (that’s YOU) on social media.
I hope you’ll find this blog useful if you’re interested in learning how to promote your own book before releasing or publishing, so as to get maximum number of sales later. If you haven’t already subscribed to the blog, I’d request you to do so, as we publish great content on SAP, Online Marketing and Business every single day. So, make sure you never miss an update from us.
Receive my tips and tutorials on how to promote a book even before writing, thereby boosting your sales count. Join my Community of Entrepreneurs!
Finally, CONNECT WITH ME ON FACEBOOK HERE. I’d love to hear about your experiences if you’re promoting your book or wanting to do smart marketing in order to boost book sales. I’d also love to help you in your Entrepreneurial journey so that you achieve success and get a crazy business launch.